Effects of their MEDDLING

Nov. 14, 2010. On that upcoming day I plan for Eros to have his baptism. I'm currently planning for everything: food, ninongs and ninangs, my "outfit", Eros's "outfit", etc... etc... but I don't really know what would happen or (IF everything would HAPPEN) without the birth certificate.

Gosh, that paper's the BIGGEST problem in this occasion. And I can't do anything about it but wait for it. Wait for my uncle to arrange the papers in the city hall, wait for him to come home, waited for still NOTHING, and remind him almost everyday. Actually, I've been doing those for a month after Eros was born. 

From what I can read above, I may seem to be an irresponsible parent since I can't even arrange my son's birth certificate by myself and even ask other people/older people to arrange it for me. But then I have all the reason in the world for my "bad" attitude.

It all started days before July came and I'm so anxious because I haven't still arranged Eros's birth certificate since they said I should try to arrange all before July 10, (i gave birth to Eros on June 9). 
Me and Eros's dad is not married so at the clinic they said that the father would be the one to arrange the birth certificate at the city hall because of the fact that we're not married & all... It needed the father's signature. So I went to ask my uncle if my boyfriend could come here in our house for the two of us to arrange everything but he declined (he's just following orders from his wife, anyway...)
I'm just so effin' tired of all the "drama" in my life, they kept on meddling on everything.
They said a signature is what the birth certificate needs. "pipirmahan lang naman yan, di na nun kailangan pumunta dito." Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a crime right? is it forgery? to copy a signature and blah blah blah? THEY want to do that. Since they're so good at everything and they're more experienced on that kind of thing than a stupid teenage mom like me, I gave my uncle the paper and told him "ok. bahala kayo. kayo na lang po mag-asikaso nyan since kayo may idea ng dapat gawin...etc.etc.."

July came. August... September... October... and now, November. The month of my son's christening.
Again I reminded my uncle about the certificate, and in my mind I can see the birth certificate "rotting" in a corner, in some place I don't know. 
I said the birth certificate's the requirement for baptisms. He said my son could be baptized with or WITHOUT the birth certificate. 
10 days from now, It's the awaited day. But I can't see any improvement and any action on my uncle's part.
I plan for so many things but "they" always are blocking my way. I can't fulfill anything because of their damned meddling. 

I really hope God would help me. And show me what I should do instead. 

0 comments: